Last updated 25 November 2020
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement describes Porter Novelli NZ’s collection, use and disclosure of information we collect from you and about you when you use Porter Novelli NZ’s website and associated applications.
Porter Novelli NZ is a New Zealand based company and any information we collect about you is processed and stored according to New Zealand privacy Act 2020.
Porter Novelli NZ (“we” or “us”) gather various types of information, including information that identifies or may identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”).
We collect any:
- Personal information provided by you when you interact with us or apply for any jobs;
- aggregated information generated by our systems or third-party systems we use, which track traffic to and from our sites but does not relate to you personally;
- Any recordings we make of you – for example, CCTV recordings when you’re in our offices;
- other information that does not personally identify you.
We may use the personal information we collect:
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide information to you about other websites, products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you:
- To comply with our legal requirements and keep people safe (investigate security events).
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose:
- all information that we gather, including your personal information, to our related companies;
- aggregated tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you to third parties;
- your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law;
- your personal information to other third parties provided we have your prior authorisation, which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
Cookies, and Tracking
We use google universal analytics to collect non-personal information about your visit to our site to help improve your browsing experience. This information collected includes:
- The IP address of the device;
- The pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on;
- The date and time the site was visited;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OSX) on the device used;
- The type of web browser used (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- Other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting used
Visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for a comprehensive guide on how to control and delete cookies on a wide range of web browsers and operating systems.
NB: You will not be able to opt-out of any cookies or other technologies that are “strictly necessary” for the Services. We are not responsible for privacy policies on third-party apps and websites.
Porter Novelli NZ uses reasonable strict physical, technical and administrative measures to keep information you provide secure.
NB: No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through our Sites and you do so at your own risk.
How long we keep your personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is required, and complies with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information, you may request that we erase your personal information.
If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under law or a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or securely delete your personal information in accordance with our document retention policy.
We are based in New Zealand and any personal information that you provide to us will be collected, held and processed by us in New Zealand. Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to correction
- The right to deletion
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to complain.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would want to exercise any of your rights. You can also make a complaint, directly to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Privacy Breach and Contact Us
If you believe your privacy has been breached by us, or need access to your personal information, contact us by email at email@example.com. We may charge a small fee.
Changes to Statement
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time by notifying site users of the existence of a revised privacy statement.