Commercial Communications Council
Demonstrating the value of advertising
Porter Novelli worked with the Commercial Communications Council (formerly CAANZ) to launch ‘Advertising Pays’, a commissioned report by Deloitte Access Economics quantifying the economic, employment, and business value of advertising.
The report was launched to media to coincide with an event featuring Sir John Kirwan talking about the positive impact advertising has had on mental health awareness.
The level of detail in the report meant media pitching was crucial to our success in generating coverage.
Simplifying the complex economic analysis to a simple ‘Advertising is worth $6bn a year to the economy’ message helped generate interest in the report.
- Advertising media: StopPress, M+AD, and Campaign Brief covered the news first.
The report was also covered by top tier business media, including:
- A double page feature in NZ Herald’s The Business
- BusinessDay item at stuff.co.nz
- Article in the Sunday Star Times
- NBR radio interview with report co-author John O’Mahony.